Last Updated: May 1, 2018 Welcome to 1 Second Everyday!
1 Second Everyday ("1SE") provides our digital time-capsule services via our mobile device application ("App") and website at 1se.co
(the "Site"). Please read these Terms of Service (the "Terms") carefully because they govern your use of our Site and our App. To make these Terms easier to read, the Site, our services and App are collectively called the "Services." Agreement to Terms
By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don't agree to these Terms, do not use the Services. If you are accessing and using the Services on behalf of a company (such as your employer) or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms. In that case, "you" and "your" will refer to that company or other legal entity. Changes
We may modify the Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we'll let you know either by posting the modified Terms on the Site or through other communications. It's important that you review the Terms whenever we modify them because if you continue to use the Services after we have posted modified Terms on the Site, you are indicating to us that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don't agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you can't use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion. Eligibility
You may use the Services only if you are 13 years or older. Using the Services
Via the Services, users can (i) upload User Content in the form of text, photos and videos to the Services that will be included as part of a compilation of your User Content; (ii) compile the User Content that you have made available via the Services into custom videos in accordance with the selections you make via the Services; (iii) share such video compilations with third parties via your SNS Accounts (described below); and (iv) learn more about the Services and post on our blog via the Site.
You can share your User Content through your accounts with certain third-party social networking services such as Facebook, Vimeo or Youtube (each, an "SNS Account"). If you choose to share your User Content via an SNS Account, such User Content will be shared in accordance with your privacy settings on the SNS Account. Feedback
We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services ("Feedback"). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at email@example.com
for information on how we collect, use and disclose information from our users. Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms: (i) "Content" means text, graphics, images, music, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) "User Content" means any Content that users (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
1SE does not claim any ownership rights in any Content that you make available through the Services and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, 1SE and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content. User Content
By making any User Content available through Services you hereby grant to 1SE a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform and distribute your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services and Content to you and to other users of the Services. If you choose to upload your User Content to 1SE, you understand and agree that 1SE may create a compilation of your User Content that includes Content from other users of the Services and share this compilation on third party platforms or with third party companies who are partners of 1SE, for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. If you do not want your User Content to be included in such a compilation, you may still use the Services, but we do not recommend that you upload your User Content for use by 1SE. The Freestyle Timeline allows users to build customized timelines with video clips that last longer than one second.
You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by 1SE on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
You may delete your User Content via the Services. Rights Granted by 1SE
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, 1SE grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to download, view, copy, display and print the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Apps Rights in App Granted by 1SE
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, 1SE grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device or computer that you own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. 1SE reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under these Terms. App Store Apps
If you download the App through or from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App is made available (each, an "App Provider"), then you acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded between you and 1SE, and not with the App Provider, and that 1SE (not the App Provider), is solely responsible for the App.
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider, and the App Marketplace will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of 1SE.
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection and/or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third-party claim that the App or your possession and/or use of that App infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, 1SE will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms.
- The App Provider and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- You must also comply with all applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
You agree to comply with all U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws or regulations. By using the App you represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
You may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App; or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means.Prohibitions
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, 1SE's name, any 1SE trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without 1SE's express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, 1SE's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of 1SE's providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any 1SE system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by 1SE or any of 1SE's providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by 1SE or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a 1SE trademark, logo URL or product name without 1SE's express written consent;
- Use the Services or Content for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Although we're not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, or to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.Copyright Policy
1SE respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is 1SE's policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances users or subscribers who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see 1SE's Copyright Policy at 1se.co/copyright
for further information. Third Party Websites and Resources
The Services and App may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such sites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources. Termination
We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may stop using the Services at any time by uninstalling the App or ceasing use of the Site, as applicable. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Services, all provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution provisions. Warranty Disclaimers
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content. Indemnity
You will indemnify and hold harmless 1SE and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services or Content, (ii) your User Content, or (iii) your violation of these Terms. Limitation of Liability
NEITHER 1SE NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT, WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT 1SE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT WILL 1SE'S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50). THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN 1SE AND YOU. Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action related to the Services or these Terms will be the state and federal courts located in the Southern District of New York and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts. General Terms
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between 1SE and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between 1SE and you regarding the Services and Content. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without 1SE's prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. 1SE may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by 1SE under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) by 1SE via email; or (ii) by posting to the Site. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
1SE's failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of 1SE. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. Contact Information
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact 1SE at firstname.lastname@example.org