3.3 Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, Analytics Information, and Interest-Based Advertising
. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors' device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly. Pixel Tags/Web Beacons
. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Services that collects information about users' engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. Social Media Widgets
. We may use various service providers to collect and process analytics information on our Services. For example, we use Google Analytics and Google Firebase. For more information about how Google uses data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
. You can opt out of Google Analytics' collection and processing of data generated by your use of our Site by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
. We also use Flurry Analytics. For more information about how Flurry uses data and the choices you may have, please visit https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/index.html
. You may be able to opt-out of some of Flurry's processing by following the instructions in Section 5.5 below.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories: Necessary to Operations
. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third-party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our Services, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits. 3.4 Third-Party Websites/Applications and Social Media Platforms
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These third party services are not controlled by us, and 1SE does not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or applications. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
1SE's Services may include interactive features such as publicly accessible blogs, Dailies, community forums, and private messaging features. The Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, Daily, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with these online services, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third-parties for any number of purposes. 3.5 Third-Party Payment Processing
When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a third-party application, including the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store, Amazon App Store (together with any similar applications, "App Stores
"). The third-party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of 1SE, including your name, email address, address and other billing information. 4. Onward Transfer—1SE May Disclose Your Information 4.1 Information We Share
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) ongoing provision of the Services.
- Business Partners. 1SE may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates' internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. 1SE may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner's name will appear, along with 1SE. 1SE requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which 1SE provided them.
- Displaying to Other Users. The content you post to the Services may be displayed on the Services. Other users of the Services may be able to see some information about you, such as your name, content or media you upload and any other details you choose to share. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third-Party Marketing. Through our Services, 1SE may allow third-party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-1SE related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising" or "online behavioral advertising." We may allow access to other data collected by the Services to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with third-party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours', ours' or others' rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce 1SE policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to 1SE; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
- In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
All information, including Personal Information, collected via or by 1SE may be transferred, Processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. Where required by law, international transfers of Personal Information will be supported by an adequacy mechanism.